WHAT I DISPLAY AT AIRSHOWS / MUSEUMS
WHAT I PROVIDE AND DO
I am available to travel to airshows and museums for display acts, where i "suit up" and show people, what it was like for the pilots/aircrews of the past, wearing the rare flying gear and by posing around and sitting in various warbirds (subject to approval).
EDUCATING THE PUBLIC
With over 15 years in the hobbie - collecting, restoring and preserving flightgear - i am very knowledgable on the subject area. I am able to educate the general public on historical issues and reasons as to why the flying gear was chosen. I allow touching / hands on of some of my flight gear items to enable kids to learn and understand about the use of the gear.
An example of the education display i can bring to an event is shown from my trip to the HARS 2011 open day -
I can bring the following items to a event -
* Myself wearing appropiate flying gear for the day to match the warbird aircraft on display.
Examples can include as seen at HARS 2011 -
WW2 RAAF Catalina flightgear -
Or as a CAC Sabre Jet pilot...
* A static display - Martin Baker H7 ejection seat from a ex USAF F-4D Phantom on a stand, for people to sit on while wearing a flight helmet for photo purposes. It is the front pilot seat from F-4D airframe 66-7539
* Cut out display of flying gear for photo purposes...great for kids and adults to pose behind for fun
* Table set up with various ww2 to vietnam era RAAF, RAF and USAAF / USAF flying helmets on display
* Mannerquin / head displays dressed with flying gear in period era clothing
* Display board with various flying gear items on show
In the future subject to further planning, i may have following available for display -
*Aircraft cockpit section for sitting in - yet to be acquired
* Another ejection seat to display - potential a F-86 Sabre seat
Currently i am available for Sydney/NSW, some QLD and some Victorian airshows. I am looking to travel to SA and maybe WA in the longer term.
In organising my appearance at events, i am willing to absorb some of the costs to attend museums/airshow. Please contact me if you would like me to attend and display.
I am also able to offer for a small fee, a consultant services to museums and collectors, to assisit in acquiring the correct era flight gear for displays.
Please ask me if your needing assisitance with displays or information.